If you’ve hung out on Pinterest for a while you may have seen chocolate popcorn pop up somewhere. In fact, it is a really popular pin for Valentine’s Day!
I thought that I would attempt to make my very own chocolate popcorn because it looked super easy and, days after looking at pictures, I was craving it pretty bad.
Here is my attempt…
It really doesn’t look too bad. Like chocolate bark, the messier it is the more artistic it looks (well, that’s what I like to tell myself).
- Cadbury Dream White Chocolate (1 slab)
- Plain Popcorn (a few handfuls)
- Pink or Red Food Colouring
- Pop the popcorn and leave it to cool. I think that it is better if everything is room temperature before assembling.
- Melt the whole slab of white chocolate in the microwave (be careful not to burn it here) and allow it to cool for a short while.
- Transfer a few teaspoons of the melted white chocolate to a separate bowl and mix in a little bit of the food colouring.
- Spread the popcorn out on a sheet pan and pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn.
- Using a spatula or some spoons, carefully toss the popcorn so that it is all coated with the chocolate, ensuring that the mixture is still spread out on the sheet pan.
- Immediately sprinkle your decorations over the mixture and drizzle the colourful chocolate over the entire mixture.
- Leave it aside to cool before transferring it to a container.
This popcorn was as good as what I imagined it to be and everyone really enjoyed it!
(Also, if you were wondering, I bought a pack of those popcorn containers from China Town.)
Have you attempted this recipe before? What is your favourite snack to make?