If you’re a blogger or spend any time on social media you will notice that rose gold is absolutely everywhere! Hair, furniture, stationery, and the list goes on and on and on…
Nails are not excluded from this list either, and some of the leading nail polish brands have jumped on the band wagon, creating the most beautiful rose gold nail polishes! My problem with these brands is that they are usually unnecessarily expensive and/or not cruelty-free (cough, OPI, cough).
That’s okay because DIY is trending just as much as rose gold.
Essence has the most amazing range of nail polishes ever, called The Gel Nail Polish! They are so inexpensive, cruelty-free, and are of an amazing quality, never mind the colour palette that is available for you to choose from.
For this post I have used:
- The Gel Nail Polish 44 On Air – R29.95
- The Gel Nail Polish Top Coat – R54.95
The process is very simple, really…
- Apply the base coat on your nails and let it dry completely.
- Paint your nails with number 77 and let it dry completely.
- Apply a layer of number 44, as thick as you would like.
- After everything is dry, apply a layer of the top coat and leave it to dry completely.
Why spend hundreds (yes, hundreds) on one nail polish? This simple process is an amazing dupe for those expensive and cruel nail polishes on the market these days!
What is your favourite nail polish brand and colour?