BEWARE OF THE MOST PINTEREST-WORTHY POST YOU WILL EVER SEE!
We elves try to stick to the four main food groups:
Candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.
– Buddy the Elf
Now, I don’t recommend you stick to that. First of all, none of those are their own food groups. Second of all, you are not an elf (unless you are, then ignore this).
Candy canes are the most festive treats that you will ever lay your eyes on, besides gingerbread cookies of course, so you can expect to see them everywhere during the festive season- my blog included.
It was so hard not to eat the melted chocolate! I used white chocolate from Cadbury, but you can use any brand and any kind of chocolate. You could even do a marble effect with the chocolate (that would look really cool).
I bought these little candy canes from Woolworths. They are actually strawberry flavoured, which is a huge plus for me because I admit that I am not the biggest peppermint lover.
You can wrap these in little packets and put them on your Christmas table as a little gift, stuff them into Christmas stockings or you can stick them into your cupcakes as a festive little cupcake topper. I like the last idea the most, but that requires me having the courage to bake cupcakes (which usually fails), so I might just stick it into an over-the-top hot chocolate.
- Small/medium-sized candy canes (two candy canes = one heart)
- Toppings (optional)
- Thin sticks (optional)
- On wax paper, lay the candy canes out in the shape of a heart.
- Place the stick in between the candy canes, about a third of the way.
- Melt the chocolate* and carefully pour it into the hearts, making it as smooth as possible.
- Sprinkle your toppings on the melted chocolate.
- Leave in the fridge (or freezer) until cooled completely.
* To temper chocolate in the microwave, put it into a microwaveable dish and into the microwave for 30 seconds. Take it out, stir it, and put it in again for another 30 seconds. Repeat this until almost all (but not all) of the chocolate is melted. Stir continuously to melt the last bit.
These are literally so easy and so cute! Don’t forget to tag me in your recreations!
What are your favourite Pinterest-worthy recipes?