It is no secret that men are the absolute worst to shop for (well, for me at least)! Every year I religiously struggle to find a good enough gift for my S/O, which is terrible because he always gifts me with the most amazing things EVERY special occasion. This year, however, I am going to make sure that my gift FINALLY outshines his.
I am a firm believer in treating each other like gold every day of the year, rather than just February, 14, but I am a sucker for special occasions and I will always be attracted to themes no matter what. That is why I celebrate Valentine’s Day, it’s that one day I can be disgustingly soppy and get away with it.
If you’re a student like me, you’ll know that this time of the year is pretty tough. Textbooks and Typo stationery are extremely expensive, never mind the new campus clothing and bedroom decorations that need to be bought (yes, 97% of my varsity stationery is from Typo). .
That is why I chose to create a gift guide for men featuring gifts under R1000!
I have tried to accommodate as many interests as I possible could, from the adventurer all the way to the musician. Perhaps you can find something here that your Valentine is bound to adore…
(Click on the product to go to their website in a new tab.)
- GoPro Jaws Flex Clamp from Cape Union Mart for R999
- Tanqueray No. 10 Gift Set from Makro for R495
- Nespresso Plexi Glass Bonbonniere from Nespresso for R450
- *Calvin Klein ck2 Gift Set from Edgars for R835
- Geek Chic Cufflinks from Vamers Store for R300
- Locally Produced Chocolate Decadence from Woolworths for R56
- Philips Aquatouch Wet and Dry Shaver from Dis-Chem for R575
- AKG K77 Perception Headphones from Music Experience for R750
- The Body Shop Modern Gents Shaving Kit from The Body Shop for R425
- Craft Shots from Big Blue for R250
Well, that’s it for the men’s gift guide. Admittedly, this was the first gift guide I have ever done and I definitely want to do more in the future! It’s a lot of work, but I love creating content that I wish I could find.
* Take note that these Calvin Klein products are not cruelty-free, much to my disappointment.
Come back soon for the ultimate gift guide for her!
Have you got a Valentine? What are you gifting him/her with?