I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month.
– Harlan Miller
I have never done a Christmas tag before (I have never done any tag before, really), so I was quite excited to see that Katelyn from katelynblogs.com tagged all of her readers!
- What is your favorite Christmas film? I abosultely adore The Grinch. Not only is it one of my favourite Christmas films, it is also one of my all time favourite films. For some reason, Harry Potter also gets me into the Christmas spirit. Why?
- Have you ever had a white Christmas? I have never had a white Christmas (and I am very sad about it). Us southern-hemisphereans don’t get such things. In fact, I have never been in snow.
- Where do you usually spend your holiday? The holiday season is spent hopping around from family member to family member, but a large portion of it is spent in the mall.
- What is your favorite Christmas song? There are quite a few, but I really enjoy Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra. I hear it in most Christmas movies and it always makes things so emotional!
- Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve? No, but I would like to start a Christmas Eve Box tradition, where you get a set of pjs, a movie and some snacks/goodies for that night. I think that it is intended for children, but well, I am a children.
- Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I know Rudolph, Dancer, Dasher, Cupid and Comet. Sorry, Santa.
- What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year? I always look forward to setting up the Christmas tree, baking cookies and our annual Christmas Eve dinner, but Blogmas has too crept its way into my heart.
- Is your Christmas tree real or fake? It is fake. However, when I get my own place, I would like to get a real tree each year. South Africa isn’t like other countries where the trees just chill on the side of the road or they have huge plantations. It is possible to get a real one, but it isn’t a common thing here. You won’t see a real Christmas tree unless you look for one.
- What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat? I am absoultely obsessed with stuffing! Christmas isn’t Christmas without stuffing. I also really love gingerbread men and, recently, gingerbread lattes. To be completely honest, I can’t do fruit cake and mincepies.
- Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? I love love love giving gifts! I spend so much time trying to find the perfect gifts for everyone, it’s one of my favourite parts of the holiday! However, I enjoy receiving gifts too.
- What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received? A couple of years ago I got a Yamaha scooter for Christmas. I still have it and I love it so much! Scooters are so convenient and I immediately became so independent.
- What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? I want to go somewhere freezing cold with lots of snow and huge Christmas markets. This will happen. Watch me.
- Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? I’m not too bad. I wouldn’t say I’m a pro, I’m above average. My patience isn’t great though, so I’m always fighting with the sellotape.
- Most memorable holiday moment? I remember staying up on Christmas Eve until 00:00 so that we could open out presents the second it was Christmas. I could never stay awake though, so I had to be woken up.
- What made you realize the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa?
- Do you make New Year’s resolutions? Do you stick to them? I used to make resolutions, but I don’t ever stick to them. This year I have made a list of things that I would like to achieve in 2017.
- What makes the holidays special for you? Giving as much as I possibly can. I really enjoy filling a shoebox for a special child. I know I sound like a self-proclaimed saint, but I honestly thoroughly enjoy the shoebox project!
Well, that’s it, my first tag and I tag all of my wonderful readers!
Answer these questions in the comments section and let me know what you would say!